Storytelling for Influence: September 19 - October 28
Storytelling for Influence will help you create impact inside your organization. Whether you need someone to back your organization, invest in your idea, or get excited about following your lead, storytelling can position you to succeed.
- Develop your blueprint: Identify your key stakeholders, their needs, and your big idea.
- Build storytelling prototypes: Explore different mediums for telling your story and how to create lots of versions in order to engage others in the process.
- Design for impact: Dig into tone and style to ensure your presentation resonates with your audience.
What Our Learners Are Saying
The ‘6 tips for Story Impact’ is an invaluable tool that I will continue to use. Plus I LOVED the videos.
Kiva Fellow and Freelance Designer
Storytelling for Influence has inspiring content, great structure, and flexibility to fit my busy life.
Global Insights Manager, Google
The course is fantastic and done in a very smart way.
Business Development Manager, Oracle
The course taught me things I can use in my work, and in everyday life.
Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
What You’ll Do:
- Learn from IDEO practitioners through bite-sized videos.
- Practice identifying your big idea, prototyping your story, and playing with tone.
- Craft your own story or presentation.
Taste of the Learning Experience:
In the case study outlined in the video below, see how IDEO worked with the Chicago Fire soccer team to inspire fans and increase attendance using the power of storytelling.
Estimated Time Commitment: 30 minutes–4 hours per week (over 5 weeks). We've designed an experience with layers of content for all appetites.
What You’ll Get:
- A flexible skill set to help you create impact through your story.
- A course toolkit (PDF) that captures important insights from the course.
- A completed story that you can share with others.
- Feedback from experienced designers and a community of like-minded learners.
- A Certificate of Completion to post to your professional network (based on completion of course requirements)
About Your Instructor
Jenn’s career as a storyteller began at age seven when she penned (well, actually, penciled) her first novel—a 75-page, double-spaced, spiral notebook tour de force entitled “Shark!”
Since then, she’s worked as an agency Account Planner, Copywriter and Associate Creative Director. She’s helped tell the stories of clients like HP, Oregon Chai, Microsoft, Red Envelope, and Snapple. Her writing has been recognized by The One Show, Clios, and others.
As a Design Director at IDEO, Jenn led brand strategy and storytelling work with an equally diverse group of IDEO clients, including Marriott, Mattel, ConAgra, and The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.