From Ideas to Action: February 28 - April 8
From Ideas to Action will show you how to generate creative ideas and bring those ideas to life, so that others can experience your vision of the future.
In this course you will learn and practice three skills for moving from ideas to action:
- The Art of Ideating: Go beyond brainstorming – learn techniques for coming up with innovative ideas
- Rapid Prototyping: Make your ideas tangible, so you can gather feedback from others
- Iterating Your Way Forward: Get results faster by evolving your idea to be more desirable, feasible, and viable
What Our Learners Are Saying
This is an excellent course with great, experienced professionals. The content is good and the videos and exercises really take you through a learning experience, which is good for adult learning. Finally, the time and pace fit reasonably in an executive work schedule.
Head of Innovation Management, Large Brazilian Company, 10,000+ Employees
From Ideas to Action helped us understand how we could move faster to meet the needs of our people all over the world. We immediately applied our learnings to a real challenge. The course helped us quickly move to pilot and have impact.
Chief of Knowledge and Learning, Peace Corps
The course was fun, useful, and practical.
Vice President Pharmacy Services, Kentucky One Health
The content is important, course engaging, and format user friendly.
Innovation Manager, Clif Bar & Company
This course rocks!!!! You guys nailed it. Kudos to the telling and showing of real cases. Genius. And the activities are great.
Business Professor, Cornell University
I got a lot out of the course. I feel that I have a good foundation of some basic principles of Design Thinking and I had fun applying them. I was actually surprised with my final project and the progress that I made.
Siemens PLM Software, Director of Presentation & Multimedia Services
What You'll Do:
Taste of the Learning Experience:
Building rough representations of your ideas invites others to react to them so we can learn. In this video, you'll play a little game we call "Show Me Your Prototype."
Estimated Time Commitment:
The course is self-paced over five weeks. We've designed an experience with layers of content for all appetites.
- Watch and reflect (30-60 minutes per week): Deepen your understanding through course videos and discussions
- Practice (1-3 hours per week): Apply what you learn to activities and assignments
- Create (you decide): Generate ideas and develop a prototype by applying course lessons to a project challenge
What You’ll Get:
- A flexible skill set that will help you develop, prototype, and iterate on your ideas
- A course toolkit (PDF) that captures the lessons of the course for you to apply long after it closes
- Completed work that you can share with others
- A certificate to post to your professional network
- A network of peers that spans across industries and functions
- Feedback from experienced designers and a community of like-minded learners
About Your Instructor
Brendan also consults with companies about redesigning their organizational behavior to include space for play, wrote the course From Play to Innovation offered at Stanford’s d.School, and co-authored the award-winning encyclopedia of never-before-seen inventions, The Klutz Book of Inventions.