How do we change a school entrenched in its ways?
Portfolio director Annette Diefenthaler weighs in on how to initiate change in schools.
Annette's key points for making change within schools:
- Start with empathy for the people that value the traditions. Find out what's really important to the school and respect it.
- Try to find the common, shared aspiration that everyone in the school can get behind.
- Have a bias toward action. Do something as soon as you can and involve people in that process. Don't sit in your office planning what you're going to do in the future. Make something, do something, and get it out of the doors of your office.
Do you have a workplace challenge you'd like IDEO designers to address? Send us your questions here or use #HeyGotaMinute on Twitter.
Check out more #HeyGotaMinute videos:
How do you get traction around your ideas?
How can I encourage my law firm to be more creative?
How should we decide on a name for our new organization?
Courses Starting Soon
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection