Insights for Innovation: October 19 - November 23
Learn IDEO’s approach to gathering human-centered insights that fuel innovation.
Insights for Innovation will encourage you to see the world differently, so you can uncover deep insights that help you solve problems in new ways. In this course you will learn and practice five skills for insights:
- Observing: “Listen with your eyes" and discover what people really care about.
- Learning from Extremes: Stretch your thinking beyond assumptions and get to bolder ideas.
- Interviewing: Conduct interviews to get deeper, more honest responses.
- Immersive Empathy: Learn what it means to “walk in someone else’s shoes.”
- Sharing Insights: Craft compelling insights that will inspire innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Watch interactive videos. They’re bite-sized (1-5 minutes).
- Practice what you’ve learned through interactive activities. We believe in learning by doing here.
- Tackle a project challenge. You can solve anything creatively!
- Share your ideas. You’ll have the support of experienced guides and a community of like-minded learners.
- Pace yourself. You can set your own drumbeat for this course and get the full experience even with a busy schedule.
What Our Learners Are Saying
Fantastic content, excellent format, very engaging, interesting materials, and just plain fun. This is one of the best courses I've taken online.
Director - Global Delivery Model Services, PwC
Good structure, material, and great team.
Senior Software Engineer, Roku
Estimated Effort: 30 minutes–3 hours per week (over 6 weeks). It’s really up to you!
What you’ll get:
- A flexible skill set to discover new insights
- A course tool kit to keep practicing your skills
- Completed work that you can share with others
- A Certificate of Completion plus a badge to post on your professional network
About Your Instructors
COE LETA STAFFORD
Coe Leta's work has won several international awards and has been featured in the New York Times and Wired. She has a Ph.D. in Cognition and Development from U.C. Berkeley and regularly teaches at Stanford University’s d.School.
JANE FULTON SURI
As a popular public speaker, she regularly addresses design and business audiences, and lectures at Stanford, Harvard and other universities internationally.