Want to build creative confidence? Enter to win an IDEO U scholarship! Entries must be received by October 31st, 2017 11:59 PM PST.
Subscribe to IDEO U to be entered to win.
IDEO U and LA UX GIVEAWAY PROMOTION RULES
Our legal department tells us that it is necessary to include the text below anytime that we want to give something away. Please don't hold it against us!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “IDEO U and LA UX Meetup Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by IDEO U LLC, Pier 28 Annex, 201 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105 (the “Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, lawful residents of the United Kingdom, and lawful residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age, or the age of majority, whichever is older, at the start of the Sweepstakes (“Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, Sweepstakes supervisors and members of their immediate families and those living in their household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on October 17th, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends October 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PDT according to Sponsor’s time (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: To Participate, Entrants must enter the Sweepstakes via the online entry form located at: https://www.ideou.com/blogs/inspiration/la-ux-meetup-scholarship-giveaway by submitting Entrant’s email address. All entries must be received by October 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PDT according to Sponsor’s time.
All Entrants must enter via an online email entry form.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter or the email account listed on the entry form.
5. Odds: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: Each Sweepstakes Entry will be entered into a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be held on or about November 1st, 2017 (“Drawing Date”) to determine one (1) potential winner (“Selected Entrant(s)”). The Selected Entrant will be notified through the email address in which they entered the Sweepstakes or the email address provided on the Sweepstakes Entry form within five (5) days of Drawing Date (“Notification”). The Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within fifteen (15) days of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. The Selected Entrants may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrants may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrants.
If a Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident, such resident will be sent a skill question during a mutually agreed-upon time. The Canadian resident will have 5 minutes to correctly answer the question in order to be deemed a qualified potential winner.
7. Prize: If eligible under these Official Rules, one (1) Selected Entrant will receive an IDEO U course of their choosing. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $400.00 USD.
8. Prize Conditions: No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrants cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrants’ own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrants and Selected Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.
9. Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Selected Entrants in the Sweepstakes, grant the Sponsor the right to use his or her name, likeness, biographical information in any and all media for marketing and winner announcement purposes. Selected Entrants hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
11. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, except where prohibited by Canadian law. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14, Sweepstakes Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to IDEO U LLC, Pier 28 Annex, 501 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2017.
© 2017 IDEO U LLC All rights reserved.
Phew, that was exhausting! Good luck!-->